1. If you donate £100 in the normal way SSC will receive precisely £100. Should you Gift Aid it, then SSC will receive £125. In other words, increasing the value of your donations by a quarter.
The declaration normally covers present, future and past donations. SSC will be able to claim Gift Aid on any donations made since the Gift Aid scheme was revised on 6 April 2000, as long as you are eligible.
2. Anyone in the UK who has paid enough income tax or capital gains tax to cover the amount reclaimed by SSC in the current financial year can use Gift Aid.
3. As a higher rate taxpayer, you can reclaim 12% personal tax relief on your donation on top of what SSC will collect.
4. In order for us to claim Gift Aid on your donation(s), you must complete a Gift Aid Declaration Form. You can do this when donating via the website by opening the Gift Aid Declaration Form, or by completing a Gift Aid Declaration Form over the phone. You only need to do this once and all your donations to SSC thereafter will be treated as Gift Aided.
5. We are unfortunately unable to claim Gift Aid on your donation if you do not pay tax. Therefore, if your situation changes in the future, please inform us.
Please click on the ‘GiftAidIt’ button and complete the form in order to gift aid your donations.